To view the menu bar ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is installed.
Welcome to IRA Realty Short Sale Resource Center
Joseph Mills and his team assist utah home owners every day in saving their homes from foreclosure. Whether it be simply offering advice and educating you on all of your options, or assisting in a successful short sale, we are here to help! Joseph is very experienced in negotiating with banks and is one of the select few agents in Utah and the Salt Lake area with the SFR designation, CERTIFIED by the National Association of Realtors as a qualified Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource.
Short Sale and get a check for $3000 at closing along with a full settlement. Really?
If your mortgage payment is unaffordable and you are interested in transitioning to more affordable housing, you may be eligible for a short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure through HAFA SM. The benefit of a HAFA short sale is that you are no longer responsible for the difference between what you owe on your mortgage and the amount that your home sells for. You will also receive $3,000 in relocation assistance upon successful closing of your short sale.
You may be eligible to apply if you meet all of the following:
- You live in the home or have lived there in the last 12 months.
- You have a documented financial hardship.
- You have not purchased a new house within the last 12 months.
- Your first mortgage is less than $729,750.
- You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
- You must not have been convicted within the last 10 years of felony larceny, theft, fraud or forgery, money laundering or tax evasion, in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction.
*Eligibility criteria are for guidance only. Not all lenders are participating in the HAFA program and additional qualification requirments may apply.
HAFA SM is available for mortgages that are owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac or serviced by over 100 HAMP SM participating servicers. A list of HAMP participating servicers can be found here
IRA Realty Guarantee
- If you'd like to keep your home, we evaluate your situation and offer tips and guidance on your best options to do so! We only recommend doing a short sale as an alternative to foreclosure.
- If a short sale is your desired route, will guide you through the entire process and answer any questions you have along the way.
- Our services are Absolutely FREE to you. Your lender pays ALL brokerage fees and closing costs.
- Our goal is to get you forgiven of your mortgage debt 100%, regardless of what you owe on the property.
- We are not investors looking to profit from your misfortune; we are your real estate agent, with a fiduciary duty to represent your best interests.
Short Sale Client Testimonials
'I was under water around $45K on my condo/home and had to move out of state. Joseph successfully sold my home/condo on a short sale and made sure the the loan was settled full. It cost me nothing and my credit score only ped 60 points. I can now at night. Thanks for your help Joseph!'
'Joseph went above and beyond in selling my dupex on a successful shortsale. My loan was settled in full with no possiblity of a deficiency judgement. During the short sale process I was facing hardship and I had a judgement that came up that was attached to myself and the title of the property. Joseph was able to settle the lien and get it removed from the title as part of the short sale. Completing the short sale was a huge weight off my shoulders and gave me a fresh start. Furthermore, during the short sale process I was able to keep all of the rents on my duplex which helped me out when I needed it the most.'
(wanted to remain anonymous)
'My husband were in the middle of a nasty divorce and we didn't have any equity in our home. We contacted Joseph who jumped right in and took control of the situation. We remained current on our payments until the end of the short sale. Joseph was able to get us a settlement in full. Further more, our credit score was only minimally affected since we kept our payments current.'
'I owned a duplex in Salt Lake City but lived in California. I hit hard times and had to file bankrupcty. The bankrupcty trusteed released my duplex from the bankruptcy because it was upside down with no equity. It was an interesting situation. My debt was discharged but I was still on title to the duplex. I offered to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure but my lender wanted to continue with the foreclosure process unless I wanted to do a short sale. To avoid a foreclosure on my record I had Joseph list the duplex as a short sale. After 12 long months of Bank of America dragging their feet, the short sale when through.
Advantages to a Short Sale
The primary advantage to a short sale vs. foreclosure is that with a short sale, the debt is settled and you are released of the debt. Conversely, if you let your property simply foreclose, your lender can go after you for a civil deficiency judgement.
IRA Realty is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit rating.